- European 400m Hurdles Medallist
- Olympic Finalist 2016
- Irish Record Holder 400m Hurdles
- Three Time Olympian
- Loves outdoor adventure sports
- Degree in mechanical engineering
- Masters in Sport Science
- Instagram 20k + @tombarr247
- From Dunmore East, Waterford Thomas secured a historic bronze medal at the European Athletics Championships in 2018.
- He was fourth in the 2016 Rio Olympic Games, his time of 47.97 was just .05 off bronze and would have secured him a medal in any of the three previous Games. Thomas was also University World Champion in 2015 and is multiple Irish Record Holder (Senior, U23 & U20).
- He completed in his second Olympic Games in Tokyo in 2021 and ran the second fastest time of his life with 48.26 to finish ninth overall one place away from the Olympic final. In 2021 he became a three-time Olympian.
- Thomas is a professional full-time athlete but has completed an under-graduate degree in mechanical engineering and afterwards a Masters in Sport Science from the University of Limerick.
- Growing up by the sea, Thomas loves outdoor water sports from jet skiing to wakeboarding. He also has a real passion for drifting and uses his time working on his car as an opportunity to switch off and it acts as a form of meditation for him.
- Thomas believes that sport and being active regardless of your ability or age should be enjoyable and fun.
- As an elite athlete he relishes the process as much as the outcome, travelling all around the world representing his country, meeting new people, racing in fantastic stadiums.
- Thomas approach to his sport and life, is no fear, no stress no, no limits!